Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trending Tuesday Butterfly Tag

Hello there!  Welcome to Trending Tuesday.  The Altered Pages Design Team has a fun little excursion for you through stencils and collages.  This is the "trending" theme for today's hop.  I hope you have fun checking it out.  Make sure to stop at everyone's blog to see all the great examples that they have created using stencils and collage.


I have made a butterfly tag for you today.  I used the 6x6 Daisy Cluster Stencil and butterfly collages for my main theme. I also used Gelatos in the "Tropical" color family, a fun little stamp, turquoise beads to create dimensional flowers and UT embossing powder to give it a morning dew type of effect.


You probably are getting used to hearing us talk about our Gelatos...everyone just loves them and I am no different.  Here I used a very small amount of my Snow cone and Watermelon Gelatos.  I added a tiny bit of water to soften it just a touch.  I then simply used my finger over the Daisy Cluster stencil to add the paint.  
 

I stamped, in black Staz On, the "Altered" stamp.  I fussy cut my butterflies and mounted them with dimensional double sided squares.  This was an easy way to get the effect of them flying over the tag surface.  
   

I stamped the tag and butterflies randomly with clear embossing ink and embossed with clear UT.  All that was left was to add the flower bead accents and ribbon.  And, here is the finished tag.  I think this would be a cute little addition attached to a Springtime wreath, gift basket or gift bag.  

  

Be sure to get all your supplies at  Altered Pages.  You can find the specific supplies used in this post at the links below.  Thanks for stopping by!  Stephanie 

Butterfly Collage
Tropical Gelatos
Dimensional adhesives

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty tag Steph ~ I too love using Gelatos and too funny we both used the flower stencil! Great minds :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your beautiful butterflies for this tag Stephanie along with the wonderful dimension they give it. Your two contrasting colors in the Gelatos look fabulous with that stenciled design too! Great Job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Don't forget - AlteredPages has dimensional squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful collage tag, Stephanie. I love how you added the stencil images with your gelatos and finger. I think it made it very cool looking. Of course, I love the dimension of those butterflies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag! Your butterflies are beautiful and I think your background is perfect for them. I'm a big Gelato fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took me a few days to get here... but I made it... LOVE all the layers!!!! Love the stencil you used for your tag!!! I will have to try finger painting with my Gelatos!

    ReplyDelete