Friday, November 4, 2016

Getting Back To My True Love - Watercolor

Well, Hi there! 

Welcome to the Altered Pages Blog.  I am happy you stopped by.   This month the Design Team will be focusing mostly on the Holidays coming up.  Today, I decided to combine that goal with a medium that I truly love...watercolor.  I love all types and styles of art, but when it comes to making my heart happy I love to paint and watercolor is my medium of choice for painting.  It is definite therapy for my soul. 


So, I whipped up a quick Poinsettia tag that I can incorporate into a card, gift bag or mixed media project.  Here it is...I hope you like it. A supply list will be at the end of the post. 

I started with an oversized tag and used a mossy green and truffel Salazar ink to colorize the background.  Then, I sketched my basic outline of a poinsettia.  
Next, I started layering my watercolors...and layering and layering. 
   
Once I was happy with all of the lights and shadows I added some pretty ribbons and it is ready for its next phase.  I am not sure what that will be, but it will be perfect for adding to a hostess gift or card.  I can stamp on it or just sign and date it.  We will have to see...
I really love the watercolor kits that Altered Pages has.  I always keep a sketch and paint kit ready to go when traveling or if I know I am going to have some time on my hands.  I can grab a little journal or a tag, get out my watercolor pencils, a couple water brushes and I am ready to create.  I also love the AP logo canvas tote. It is large enough to hold all of my goodies and sturdy to stand the test of time. 

Thanks again for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment so I know you were here.  Be sure to check back all month long and see what we have up our sleeve next.  
~Stephanie 


Supply List - 
Alteredpages.com
Mixed Media Salazar Iinkx - Mossy
Mixed Media Salazar Inkx - Truffle
Watercolor paints, inks, etc.
Watercolor Pencil Tin
Watercolor Pencil Mini Set
Aqua Flo Water Brushes
Waterbrushes
Pipettes
Tag
Ribbons and Trims
AP Logo Canvas Tote

No comments:

Post a Comment