Friday, December 2, 2016

Many Uses Vintage Christmas Tree

Wow, December 2nd...how is this year almost over already?!?!  It truly is crazy how time flies, well, I guess it is easy to see that times flies when you are having fun creating.  That is what I have been doing lately, with the help of Alteredpages.com.  I actually had a little help this time around from Diydesignstudio.com as well.  Scroll along and see what I came up with. 


I grabbed one of the adorable wood and chicken wire trees from DIY Design Studio and gave the entire tree a coat of craft paint in purple
I then gave it a light dry brushing with chalk paint in cream.  The tree is 15 inches tall and makes a wonderful statement piece.   




   

I then gave the entire tree a bit of sanding to distress it and reveal the wood grain below.    I also added two coats of Dixie Belle satin clear coat sealer  from DIY Design Studio.


   
 Next, came embellishments consisting of lace, cup chain, jewelry pieces, beads and crystals.  
All embellishments were added using Crystal Lacquer.


The crystals and jewelry pieces came in a great jewelry pack full of all sorts of
goodies.  You could use rustic colors and embellishments too.   Maybe include wooden ornaments or beads.

   


I finished the piece by wiring the crystals and beads onto a beautiful trim. 
I also added a skeleton key that I had in my stash.
You can coordinate any colors to match your theme. 
I attached the trim to the back of tree where you won't see the mechanics of it.


   




These trees are a great starting base for many cute projects.
You could add mini clothespins to attach your Christmas cards  to the chicken wire and how cute of a display would that be?  You could choose white on white on white for a shabby look.  Metallics are always a great color choice for Christmas crafts.   They even come with a jute hanger already attached.


You can find everything you need at Alteredpages.com.

Thanks for joining me.
Have a great weekend!
~Stephanie




No comments:

Post a Comment