Friday, January 6, 2017

DIY Watercolour Cards

The Altered Pages Design Team is preparing another month of treats for you.  This month we are working with the theme of Peace, Kindness and Love.  You can never have enough really, right? 

So, in keeping with that I have a creative, easy and quick project for you today that is totally worthy of gift giving.  I am AGAIN working with my true love, watercolour.  I will show you how I incorporated watercolor with collage, paper packs and embellishments.  

I seem to always be in the need for a greeting card of some sort, Birthday, Congratulations, etc.  So, today I have for you a couple sweet cards that can be whipped up in no time thanks to Altered Pages



My first card started with a theme chosen from a prepared paper  pack, handpainted watercolor background, custom seam binding (dredged in the remaining watercolor paints used to paint the background) and a sweet sentiment from one of many of the Glitz 6x6 paper pads then applied.  


Using the envelope as my template I added coordinating paper from the Glitz paper pack to customize the inset of my envelope.  Just use the envelope as a template and you can retrofit any theme or color you desire.
   
   

Aww, they match perfectly.
Now, on to the next card and coordinating envelope...
This background was created with watercolour pinks and greens as well as some chalk paint in Vintage.


Fussy cut collage images from the Shabby Chic digital collage were then added (did you know that you can print and print and print when you order digital). 
I added a bit of border in that same chalk paint in Vintage to the outer edge of the card front of the card. 
 I then attached the water colour background. 
 And, then the shabby chic collage images...
 And here are the final cards with coordinating envelopes. 

I hope you are inspired to make your own greeting cards.  It really is easy as pie with original supplies from Altered Pages!
Thanks for stopping by. 
Steph S. 

Alteredpages.com
Misc paints and inks
Pipettes for filling water brushes with inks, etc.
Waterbrushes
Dyeable Seam Binding
Glitz 6x6 paper pads in 77
Glitz 6x6 paper pads in Carpe Diem
Shabby Chic collage image
Multiple adhesive tools

No comments:

Post a Comment