Friday, February 7, 2014

What's on your work space?


Happy Friday Kids! 
Stephanie here again with your Altered Pages Friday post. It's Friday. It's Friday! Yay! As always, be sure to check out the supply list below along with links to amazing deals at Altered Pages.


Can I just tell you in my art lately I have wanted to give myself the freedom to let things happen, let the art just flow, not worry if it was going to be perfect or not. I have a feeling most of you know what I mean. You too have probably said to yourself at one time or another just go with it. Haven't you? Haaaaaaven't you? Okay, so let's go with it.  


While preparing for what I wanted to do for my post, trying to work in this just go with it/freedom theme, I got the idea to only use what was already out on my work space in my studio. I thought I would just let the pieces talk to me as to where they were going and what colors they wanted to be. 

If you are like me you always have a few little stragglers left out from your last project. Oh, wait, this NEVER happens to you? Okay, me neither. Today, I got lucky and there were a lot of great options lying around, party hat collage sheets, Dylusions journal, tags, Dylusions inks, stamps...
do you get where I am going.


So, I grabbed these cute little tags that I had laying about and thought a moon with wings - LOVE IT! Then, I thought a moon with wings and a party hat - even better! Ideas started flowing, colors started moving to the forefront of my mind and I let it happen. It felt great. To be honest this page just developed as I came across each element - one at a time - a little of this a little of that and I think that is what makes it great.



I did all of this with what was already within arms reach. Obviously, it helps that I have a great source for all of my supplies in Altered Pages. The best part is I just let myself be free & I worked with what was in front of me. I was not worried about this being "the perfect page" and I have to say it works!  


In the end I am rather pleased with my little moonflies fluttering about in their party hats. It's a little, okay a lot, whimsical. I love the looseness of it. I love that I only used what was on my desk and I LOVE that I love it. The plan worked...how awesome is that? 



Here are links to just a few of the amazing things Altered Pages has to offer.
Dylusions Journal - lg.  Collage images Waterbrush  Dylusions inks  Assorted Tags and so much more!


One thing I want to mention when working with Dylusions inks they are water based. This is what I love about them. They have play. They are wet, stay wet for a while and can be reactivated with water. 

If you want certain aspects of you piece to be permanent just use an archival ink pad, a Zig pen or your favorite permanent such as Brilliance Ink Pad in black

Another little tip, if you want your pages to be pristine just gesso the back before starting a new page.

The back side of this journal page does show some bleed through.
I usually let that be the background for the next entry.

When I don't, though, I just apply a thin coat of gesso to the page, let dry and then give it a go.   Now, go play with your arts & crafts supplies!   Stop by 

AlteredPages.com for all your supply needs.
Happy crafting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment