Thursday, May 1, 2014

Took a break...

Hello art friends...Stephanie here. I feel like I say this far too many times, but it just fits...Happy Friday!!! I am posting today in conjunction with the Altered Pages Blog.

Okay, so the other day I was taking my son, Jake to go to the skate park. As we were headed out the front door I realized I was actually going to have some quiet time while he skated. I knew I could find a tree to sit under and just do whatever I wanted for an hour or two. So, as we were grabbing water bottles, sun screen and wrist guards I also grabbed my "art where you are" bag. I have posted about this before. It is a cute little tote that I always have stocked with my small journal, water brushes, water colors, mechanical pencil and a micron pen or two.

Am I happy that I remember this little gem of my art supply stash. I really do try to keep it either in the car or at least in and easy to grab location...'cause you never know when or where the mood or opportunity will strike to be able to create.

So, here is my take a minute to smell the roses, hold my breath while I watch my kid be a complete and total daredevil hopefully without breaking any bones (been there, done that more times than I prefer) and create art all simultaneously.


So, we get to the skate park, which is actually part of a much larger city park with lots of great amenities, I found a quiet little table in the shade and there just so happened to be a tree right there as a perfect subject to sketch. 


I grabbed my journal and got busy...busy relaxing and painting that is...now that is my kind of busy!





I am happy to report that I carved out some time for art, my son had a great time with his buddy's shredding the rails with front side ollies and tail grinds with not a single broken bone. Now, that is a great day! 

Make sure you check the Altered Pages Blog this entire month. Our Design Team is working together with Eileen Hull Designs and the "Artists on the Block" team and I just know it is going to be a great collaboration. So, don't miss it! 

As always remember to get all of your must have art supplies at Altered Pages. Supplies used for this journal page can be found at the links below:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and remember stop back by the blog...you never know what we will be altering for you!
~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment